Terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions
1. Scope of application
(1) These General Terms and Conditions of Sale (hereinafter: GTC) apply to all contracts concluded between us via our online shop,
Sonnenblumenweg 15b, 16548 Glienicke/Nordbahn, Germany
Managing Director: Marta Akpinar-Lele
and you as our customer. The GTC apply regardless of whether you are a consumer, entrepreneur or merchant.
(2) All agreements made between you and us in connection with the purchase contract result in particular from these Terms and Conditions of Sale, our written order confirmation and our declaration of acceptance.
(3) The version of the GTC valid at the time of conclusion of the contract shall be authoritative.
(4) We do not accept any deviating terms and conditions of the customer. This also applies if we do not expressly object to their inclusion.
2. Conclusion of contract
(1) The presentation and advertising of items in our online shop does not constitute a binding offer to conclude a purchase contract.(2) By submitting an order via the online shop by clicking the button "order subject to payment", you place a legally binding order. You are bound to the order for a period of two (2) weeks after placing the order; your right to revoke your order, which may exist in accordance with § 3, remains unaffected by this.
(3) We will immediately confirm receipt of your order placed via our online shop by e-mail. Such an e-mail does not constitute a binding acceptance of the order unless, in addition to the confirmation of receipt, the acceptance is declared at the same time.
(4) A contract is only concluded when we accept your order by means of a declaration of acceptance or by delivering the ordered items.
(5) We can only consider orders for deliveries abroad if they exceed a minimum order value. You can find the minimum order value in the price information provided in our online shop.
(6) If it is not possible to deliver the goods you have ordered, for example because the goods in question are not in stock, we shall refrain from issuing a declaration of acceptance. In this case, a contract is not concluded. We will inform you of this immediately and refund any consideration already received without delay.
3. Cancellation policy
(1) If you are a consumer (i.e. a natural person who places the order for a purpose that cannot be attributed to your commercial or self-employed professional activity), you have a right of cancellation in accordance with the statutory provisions.
(2) If you, as a consumer, make use of your right of revocation in accordance with clause 1, you shall bear the regular costs of the return shipment.
(3) In all other respects, the right of revocation shall be governed by the provisions set out in detail in the followingRight of withdrawal
You have the right to cancel this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason.
The revocation period is fourteen days from the day on which you or a third party named by you, who is not the carrier, has or has taken possession of the goods.
In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must inform us LIMA, Marta Akpinar-Lele, Sonnenblumenweg 15b, 16548 Glienicke/Nordbahn, email@example.com of your decision to withdraw from this contract by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter or e-mail sent by post). You can use the enclosed model cancellation form for this purpose, which is, however, not mandatory.
To comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
Sample withdrawal form:
LIMA, Inh. Marta Akpinar-Lele
Sunflower path 15b
I hereby revoke the contract I have concluded for the purchase of the following goods:
- Ordered on:
- Name of buyer:
- Buyer's address:
Consequences of cancellation
If you withdraw from this contract, we must refund all payments we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the fact that you have chosen a type of delivery other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us), without delay and at the latest within fourteen days of the day on which we received notification of your withdrawal from this contract. For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used for the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged for this repayment. We may refuse repayment until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier.
You must return or hand over the goods to us or to (LIMA, Marta Akpinar-Lele, Sonnenblumenweg 15b, 16548 Glienicke/Nordbahn) without undue delay and in any case no later than fourteen days from the day on which you notify us of the revocation of this contract. The deadline is met if you send the goods before the expiry of the period of fourteen days.
You shall bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
You only have to pay for any loss in value of the goods if this loss in value is due to handling of the goods that is not necessary for checking the condition, properties and functioning of the goods.
(4) The right of revocation does not exist for distance contracts
(a) for the delivery of goods that have been manufactured according to customer specifications or that are clearly tailored to personal needs or that are not suitable for return due to their nature or can spoil quickly or whose expiry date would be exceeded,
(b) for the delivery of sealed goods which are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene if their seal has been removed after delivery.
- end of cancellation policy -
4. Terms of delivery and reservation of advance payment(1) We are entitled to make partial deliveries insofar as this is reasonable for you.
(2) The delivery period is approximately five (5) working days, unless otherwise agreed. It begins - subject to the provision in paragraph 3 - with the conclusion of the contract.
(3) In the case of orders from customers with their place of residence or business abroad or in the case of justified indications of a risk of non-payment, we reserve the right to deliver only after receipt of the purchase price plus shipping costs (advance payment reservation). If we make use of the reservation of advance payment, we will inform you immediately. In this case, the delivery period begins with the payment of the purchase price and the shipping costs.
5. Prices and shipping costs
(1) All price quotations in our online shop are gross prices including the statutory value-added tax and are exclusive of any shipping costs incurred.(2) The shipping costs are indicated in our price quotations in our online shop. The price including VAT and applicable shipping costs is also displayed in the order mask before you submit the order.
(3) If we fulfil your order in accordance with § 4 para. 1 by partial deliveries, you will only incur shipping costs for the first partial delivery. If the partial deliveries are made at your request, we will charge shipping costs for each partial delivery.
(4) If you effectively revoke your contractual declaration in accordance with § 3, you can demand reimbursement of costs already paid for shipping to you (delivery costs) under the statutory conditions (cf. on other consequences of revocation § 3 para. 3).
6 Terms of payment and set-off and right of retention
(1) The purchase price and the shipping costs must be paid within two (2) weeks of receipt of our invoice at the latest.(2) You can pay the purchase price and the shipping costs at your choice via the payment service "Shopify Payments" (incl. Klarna, Sofort, credit card, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Shop Pay) or via the PayPal system.
(3) If you select a payment method offered via the "Shopify Payments" payment service, the payment will be processed via the payment service provider Stripe Payments Europe Ltd, 1 Grand Canal Street Lower, Grand Canal Dock, Dublin, Ireland (hereinafter "Stripe"). The individual payment methods offered via Shopify Payments will be communicated to the customer in the Seller's online shop. For the processing of payments, Stripe may use other payment services, for which special payment conditions may apply, to which the customer may be separately informed. Further information on "Shopify Payments" is available on the Internet at https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms-payments-de.
(4) You are not entitled to offset against our claims unless your counterclaims have been legally established or are undisputed. You are also entitled to offset against our claims if you assert notices of defects or counterclaims from the same purchase contract.
(5) As a buyer, you may only exercise a right of retention if your counterclaim arises from the same purchase contract.
7. Reservation of proprietary rights
The delivered goods remain our property until the purchase price has been paid in full.
(1) We shall be liable for material defects or defects of title of delivered items in accordance with the applicable statutory provisions, in particular §§ 434 et seq. BGB. The limitation period for statutory claims for defects is two years and begins with the delivery of the goods.(2) Any seller's warranties given by us for certain items or manufacturer's warranties granted by the manufacturers of certain items shall be in addition to the claims for material defects or defects of title within the meaning of para. 1. Details of the scope of such warranties can be found in the warranty conditions which may be enclosed with the items.
(1) We shall be liable to you in all cases of contractual and non-contractual liability in the event of intent and gross negligence in accordance with the statutory provisions for damages or reimbursement of futile expenses.(2) In other cases, we shall only be liable - unless otherwise stipulated in para. 3 - in the event of a breach of a contractual obligation, the fulfilment of which is a prerequisite for the proper performance of the contract and on the observance of which you as the customer may regularly rely (so-called cardinal obligation), limited to compensation for the foreseeable and typical damage. In all other cases, our liability is excluded subject to the provision in para. 3.
(3) Our liability for damages arising from injury to life, limb or health and under the Product Liability Act shall remain unaffected by the above limitations and exclusions of liability.
We have copyrights to all pictures, films and texts published in our online shop. Use of the images, films and texts is not permitted without our express consent.
11. Applicable law and place of jurisdiction
(1) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. If you have placed the order as a consumer and have your habitual residence in another country at the time of your order, the application of mandatory legal provisions of this country remains unaffected by the choice of law made in sentence 1.(2) If you are a merchant and have your registered office in Germany at the time of the order, the exclusive place of jurisdiction is the registered office of the seller, Oranienburg Local Court. Otherwise, the applicable statutory provisions shall apply to the local and international jurisdiction.
(3) Dispute resolution: The EU Commission has created an internet platform for the online settlement of disputes. The platform serves as a contact point for the out-of-court settlement of disputes concerning contractual obligations arising from online purchase contracts. More information is available at the following link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr . We are prepared to participate in a dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.